47 E. Wilson Bridge Road
Columbus, Ohio 43085
Call for a free consultation
47 E. Wilson Bridge Road
Columbus, Ohio 43085
Call for a free consultation
7 Best Actions for “Facelift Prevention”
1) Stimulate New Collagen & Tighten Skin with new SkinRadiant RF & SkinTyte RF, with new Intracel & IntraGen technology. With little to no downtime, improve skin firmness, texture, tone and prevent skin laxity. These treatments also reduce lines, wrinkles, scars, acne, and stretchmarks. A series of 3 treatments will correct problems, help your skin look younger and delay the signs of aging. Get skin results above & beyond Thermage. ONLY AVAILABLE IN OHIO at Reflections!
2) Tighten and Firm your Skin with FaceTite and NeckTite – FaceTite & NeckTite are 2 fantastic new skin tightening treatments that produce surgical type results without the surgery, scars or downtime. FaceTite, NeckTite & BodyTite use internal radiofrequency to tighten the skin like never before … up to 40% increased tightening after just 1 treatment!
3) “Turn On” Your Young Skin Genes with “Forever Young” to Look more Youthful. Two Stanford University studies prove that 3 “Forever Young” BBL treatments every year will delay skin aging and improve your skin texture for younger looking skin.
4) Correct Volume Loss Now – Add Sculptra, a Collagen Tissue Stimulator. Keep stimulating the formation of new collagen for natural looking improvement with Sculptra, a collagen tissue stimulator, plus PRP, your own personal Platelet Rich Plasma with your own unique healing Growth Factors.
5) Fix Small Defects now to prevent Big problems in the future:
- a) Add Filler to your Cheeks for Lift. Accent your cheekbones, improve jowls, nasolabial folds, and submental laxity with Radiesse or Restylane Lyft.
- b) Don’t Forget your Lips! Need “a little Air in the Tires?” Look 10 to 15 years younger with a little Lip Filler! After thirty, most women’s lips do not project or stick out much. Don’t be afraid! Restylane Silk will give you subtle improvement plus reduce the dreaded lip lines.
6) Minimize Lines & Wrinkles with special medical laser resurfacing treatments like Profractional, and low down-time Nanopeels & Microlaser peels.
7) Use the same daily Products that Dr. Marie uses for your best, youthful skin! Protect your investment, boost plus maintain your results with these amazing Prescription Strength products tested & determined to be among the very best.
Here are 5 good skin care and healthy lifestyle tips to keep your skin looking healthy and to prevent premature skin aging from the damaging rays of the sun.
1) Protect yourself from the sun throughout the year. The sun can cause premature aging of your skin over your lifetime. Skin discolorations, freckles, age spots, lines and wrinkles, irregular skin texture and skin cancer are all caused by the sun. When the ultraviolet rays of the sun penetrate deeply into your skin they damage collagen and elastin. They also cause your skin to wrinkle, droop, and sag on your face and your body.
2) Use a good quality, broad spectrum sunblock with an SPF of at least 30 that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Products containing micronized titanium dioxide or zinc oxide are excellent choices. Get into the daily habit of applying sunblock to your face, neck, hands, and other exposed areas before applying your makeup. Because sun damage commonly occurs while driving, apply your sunblock EVERY day, even when it’s cloudy and even when you do not plan to be exposed to the sun.
3) Try to stay in the shade between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM, when the sun’s rays are the strongest. Wear a wide brimmed hat or visor and sun glasses when you are in the sun and consider other protective clothing. Reapply your sunblock every two hours or more often if perspiring or swimming. Remember that water, snow, and sand all reflect the sun and can increase your chance of sunburn.
4) Get your “tan” from creams or sprays, not from the sun or tanning beds. A sun tan is your damaged skin’s attempt to protect itself from the sun’s damaging radiation. It is hard to distinguish between a spray tan and a sun tan when the tanning spray is applied properly using today’s modern spray tanning equipment. Good home spray tanning units are now available and offer the ability to keep that beautiful tan year round without the risk of damaging your skin.
5) When you protect your skin from the sun, your skin will be ready to start the healing process, and you can begin treatments to reverse the premature skin aging on your face, neck, décolleté and hands. Remember to continue to schedule periodic maintenance treatments for your skin throughout the year, just like you do for your hair and nails. The “Forever Young” treatment has been proven to reverse sun damage, and maintain younger looking skin by turning off “old” skin genes and turning on “young” skin genes to give you healthy, younger looking skin. In addition to “Forever Young”, other effective treatments and products are now available to improve and maintain your skin so you can keep looking good at every age.
Enjoy the warm weather!
Forever Young BBL
Stanford University Study: Broad-Band Light Treatment Promotes Youthful Skin on a Molecular Level
Gene expression of aged skin more closely resembles young skin with the use of Sciton Broad-Band Light treatment
PALO ALTO, Calif. — (November 12, 2012) – A new study recently published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology shows that Sciton BroadBand Light (BBL™) treatments can change the expression of genes associated with the aging process to more closely resemble young skin. The study supports the hypothesis that regulators of aging can be altered in human skin using BBL technology to provide a functional change, rather than just a cosmetic mimic of youthful appearance. BBL treatments promote the appearance of youthful skin. This study reveals that the appearance of younger skin may be due to the differences observed in gene expression patterns of aged skin becoming more like young skin. Treatments from the study were performed on the FDA-cleared Sciton Joule using the BBL module.*
Led by dermatologist Dr. Anne Lynn S. Chang of the Stanford University School of Medicine, the study (“Rejuvenation of Gene Expression Pattern of Aged Human Skin by BroadBand Light Treatment”) reveals the molecular changes that are induced by BBL, a popular treatment made by Sciton for improving the appearance of acne, sun spots, freckles and vascular conditions. BBL treatments are requested by patients for promoting a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Previous studies have shown that animal models can exhibit gene expression changes to become more youthful. Dr. Chang’s study is the first to show a similar correlation in human skin treated with BBL.
“As an industry, to find a clinically sound solution for human anti-aging is critical,” said Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, board certified dermatologist, attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital and Yale/New Haven VA Hospital, and Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine. “As a practicing physician in the field of dermatology, it is exciting to know there is a safe, light based treatment with groundbreaking clinical evidence supporting anti-aging and the reversal of skin damage available to our patients.”
An additional study, submitted for publication by Dr. Patrick H. Bitter, Jr. of Advanced Aesthetic Dermatology, a well-known dermatologist and co-author of the JID study, takes this groundbreaking research further and explores the practical application and patient results of BBL treatments. Dr. Bitter’s study focuses on the ability to improve the appearance of aging skin with long-term and regular interval treatments with BBL.*BBL is not FDA cleared for changing gene expression or anti-aging.
“The JID study is an important first step to prove that BBL treatments are a viable option for anti-aging,” said Dr. Bitter. “In my upcoming study, we provide clinical evidence on patients who have had BBL and have enjoyed younger looking skin over the long-term. I look forward to sharing these demonstrated results with my colleagues and patients worldwide in the near future.”
“As the developer of the BBL technology, Sciton remains committed to investments not only in the equipment but in the science required to inform the development of meaningful applications for it. The BBL has an unsurpassed reputation for delivering clinically important results,” said Sciton co-founder and President, Dan Negus, Ph.D. “These basic science and clinical biomedical studies demonstrate another important validation for the dermatologic community of the sound scientific basis of the BBL technology and the results it produces.”
The study’s additional authors are Dr. Howard Y. Chang and Nicole A. Rapicavoli, both of Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Stanford University, and Dr. Kun Qu and Dr. Meihong Lin, both of Stanford University.
For more information about Forever Young BBL at Reflections click here: Forever Young
About Sciton: Sciton is committed to providing best-in-class laser and light source solutions for medical professionals who want exceptional durability, performance and value. Sciton offers superior medical devices for fractional and full-coverage skin resurfacing, superficial and deep skin peeling, hair removal, phototherapy, wrinkle reduction, laser-assisted lipolysis, treatment of vascular and pigmented lesions and varicose veins, nail fungus, scar reduction and acne treatment. For more information and a complete listing of Sciton systems, visit www.sciton.com.
About BroadBand Light (BBL) Treatment: With its user-friendly features, superior results, and exceptional ROI, BBL™ is the most complete andversatile broadband light system in its class. Its broad range of wavelengths allow targeted treatment formany skin conditions including acne, pigmented lesions, vascular lesions and hair removal. For more information, please visit www.ForeverYoungBBL.com.
Clinical Effects of Non-invasive Ultrasound Therapy for Circumferential Reduction
Pratha Atluri, MD; Frank Barone, MD; Joseph Cervone, MD; Lauren Chavez, MD; George Davis, MD, FACEP; Marie DiLauro MD; David Kang, MD; Lisa Kang, MD; Elizabeth LaRoche, MD; Julene Samuels, MD; William Ting, MD, MBA; Michael Tomcik, MD; Paul M. Zieg, MD
Introduction: Conventional body contouring techniques such as liposuction, although now far less invasive, still require extended periods of recuperation and the use of compression garments. Several noninvasive techniques for soft tissue, adipose, and dermal treatment have been reported in the literature as also producing circumferential measurement reductions in patients. These results can now be correlated to evidence-based scientific methodology versus anecdotal reports.Materials and Methods: Patients were treated using the VASER Shape (Sound Surgical Technologies, Louisville, Colo) as part of routine practice. Circumferential measurements were made before and after treatments.
Results: Two hundred and four patients were treated in 741 treatment sessions at 12 centers in the United States beginning in June 2010. When measured immediately after treatment, the patients experienced a 0.8-in circumferential reduction in the abdomen and a 0.5-in reduction on the thighs. Circumferential reduction continued over the course of treatments, resulting in reductions of more than 2-in and 1-in, respectively, in the abdomen and thighs. In no cases were any analgesics or anesthesia provided to patients before or during treatment. In general, the patients reported that the treatment was pleasant and felt warm but not uncomfortable. After treatment, patients were able to continue with their normal daily routines. Patients reacted positively to the procedure and the immediacy of results, and many reported that their clothes fit better when they dressed after treatment. In addition to circumferential measurement changes, patients also reported the sensation of feeling tighter in the treated area and that the treated areas had smoother skin.
Conclusions: The VASER Shape system presents a novel approach to achieving immediate circumferential measurement reduction noninvasively with no patient downtime.
Received: July 11, 2011 ;Published Online: June 2012
From the ClearWaves, PC, Albuquerque, NM (Dr Chavez), Reflections, Columbus, Ohio (Marie DiLauro MD), the Serenity MedSpa, San Francisco, Calif (Dr David Kang, Dr Lisa Kang), the Body & Face Medical Cosmetic Center LLC, Murfreesboro, Tenn (Dr LaRoche), the California Dermatology Care, San Ramon, Calif (Dr Ting), the Advanced Laser Skin Care Center, San Ramon, Calif (Dr Tomcik), and the Zieg Plastic Surgery Center, Evansville, Ind (Dr Zieg).
The following are in private practice: Dr Atluri, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dr Barone, Toledo, Ohio, Dr Cervone, West Orange, NJ, Dr Davis, The Woodlands, Tex, and Dr Samuels, Louisville, KY.
Non-Surgical Fat Reduction
On October 29, 2012, VaserShape by Sound Surgical was featured on the Dr. Oz Show. A recent study published in the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery declared Vaser Shape:
“A novel approach to achieve immediate anatomical circumferential reduction in a noninvasive way and with no patient downtime or discomfort.”
For more information and to see the Dr. Oz segment visit our Vaser Shape Page.
Contact us anytime!
Email us anytime
For directions to our office
47 E. Wilson Bridge Road
Columbus, Ohio 43085
∗ Every person is unique. All people do not respond the same to medical and cosmetic treatments. Your results may vary from the results contained and displayed on this page and on this website.